A Registered Minority Business Enterprise (Registered MBE), goes through a limited review process where inquiries and analytical procedures determine if ethnic minorities have a substantial ownership interest in a business.
Having your business verified by a 3rd party as a Registered MBE with the SRMSDC provides ethnic minority-owned companies in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi with valuable access to:
- Limited Access to Corporate Purchasing Agents
- Premium networking events and business opportunity fairs
- Discounted professional development and training
- Placement on the regional Minority Business Enterprise database
- Financial assistance and support
- Access to our monthly and weekly communication that highlights all of the events and bidding opportunities by our public and private business partners
- Regional advocacy for ethnic minority businesses
CRITERIA FOR BECOMING A REGISTERED MBE
If you are interested in becoming a REGISTERED MBE with SRMSDC, your company must meet the following requirements.
- Must be a for-profit enterprise.
- Must be at least 51% ethnic minority-owned.
- Must be owned by the individual(s) belonging to the following groups: Black, Hispanic, Asian/Pacific Islander, Asian Indian, Middle Eastern, and Native American.
- Must complete the online application and submit a notarized affidavit.
- Must have primary business operations in SRMSDC’s territory (Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi).
THE PROCESS FOR BECOMING A REGISTERED MBE
- Register online (top right-hand corner of the SRMSDC website).
- Pay the application fee. You may pay by credit card. The processing of your application will begin when payment is received.
- Complete the online application.
- Upload relevant documentation to the application or send the required documentation through electronic means via email to email@example.com. All documentation must be submitted electronically.
- Application and documents are reviewed for completeness.
- Virtual interview with the owner(s). This step is carried out by a Certification Specialist and is done specifically with the ethnic minority applicant.
- Staff Review. The Certification Specialist will make a recommendation to the President for Executive approval.
- Executive Review. The President will review the Certification Specialist’s recommendation and make the final decision. If the President rejects the application, you may submit a letter of appeal. If approved, you will be notified by email and postal mail.
Please submit only required documents in chronological order. Please provide an explanation for any documentation you cannot provide.
All applications become the property of the Council and will not be returned.
– Please include appropriate documentation with the application and indicate which documents are attached. The documentation required for certification is listed below, but is not limited to:
ALL BUSINESSES must SUBMIT:
- Fictitious Business Statement (if applicable)
- Driver’s License
- Evidence of ethnicity for Owner(s), Partners, Shareholders (birth certificate)
- One year of Federal tax returns (Business)**
- Applicable Operating Business License and Permits
- Resume(s) of Owner(s), partners or shareholders
- Indian/Native Americans Blood Degree Certificate (i.e., tribal registry letter, tribal roll register number) [if applicable]
- Non-refundable processing fee
In addition to the information listed above, all LLCs must SUBMIT the following additional information:
- Articles of Organization
- Operating Agreement
- Current list of member and ownership percentages
In addition to the information listed above, all PARTNERSHIPS must SUBMIT the following additional information:
- Partnership Agreements
In addition to the information listed above, all CORPORATIONS must SUBMIT the following additional information:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Current Stock Ledger
- Corporate Bylaws
*Personal taxes are required for any business applying for certification that has been in business for less than one year, or an existing business that has done no activity.
|Annual Revenue||Annual Fee||Monthly Fee|
|Startup||$60 / year||$6 / Month (cancel anytime)|
|> $500K||$99 / year||$12/ Month (cancel anytime)|
|$500K – $999K||$140 / year||$16 / Month (cancel anytime)|
|>$1 M||$180 / year||$20 / Month (cancel anytime)|