A Listed Minority Business Enterprise (Listed MBE) with the SRMSDC does not assure a business’ ability to prove a majority ethnic minority ownership, a majority ethnic minority management or a majority ethnic minority control. There are no testing or analytical procedures performed during this process.
Having your business included as a Listed MBE with the SRMSDC provides ethnic minority businesses in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi with valuable access to:
- Premium networking events and business opportunity fairs
- Placement on the regional Minority Business Enterprise database
- Access to our monthly and weekly communication that highlights all of the events and bidding opportunities by our public and private business partners
CRITERIA FOR BECOMING A LISTED MBE
To become a LISTED MBE with SRMSDC, your business must meet the following requirements.
- Must be a for-profit enterprise.
- A majority ethnic minority-owned.
- Must be by the individual(s) belonging to the following groups: Black, Hispanic, Asian/Pacific Islander, Asian Indian, Middle Eastern, and Native American.
- Must have primary business operations in SRMSDC’s territory (Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi).
- Complete a notarized affidavit stating all information provided is accurate.
THE PROCESS FOR BECOMING A LISTED MBE
- Register online (top right-hand corner of the SRMSDC website).
- Complete the online application.
- Upload relevant documentation to the application or send the required documentation through electronic means via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documentation must be submitted electronically.
There are no fees associated with being a LISTED MBE with the SRMSDC.
THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT, START YOUR APPLICATION TODAY
Click Here to complete the application and get recorded as a Listed MBE.