ONE TEAM. ONE MISSION.
The Southern Region Minority Supplier Development Council (formerly the Louisiana Minority Supplier Development Council) was founded in 1973 to assist major corporations with developing, enhancing and expanding minority vendor programs by integrating minority business enterprises (MBEs) into the corporate purchasing mainstream.
The Southern Region Minority Supplier Development Council (SRMSDC) provides both advocacy and business development services to certified Asian-American, Native-American, Hispanic-American and African-American owned companies in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. SRMSDC is one of 23 regional affiliates with the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC). This network serves to promote procurement opportunities among the Council’s minority suppliers and nurture relationships between buyers and sellers that increase the number of minority firms actively engaged in corporate supply chains.
Leveraging over 45 years of experience in advocacy and ethnic minority business development we offer:
- 3rd party Minority Business verification, designation or certification
- Supply chain marketing consultation
- Sourcing assistance to buyers from our corporate members
- Business opportunity identification to certified MBEs
- Bonding and operating capital referrals
- Regional MBE Industry Research
- Corporate and MBE training programs